Friday, May 25, 2012

Recipes: Strawberry Lime Popsicles

I love fruit and I love limes (I sometimes eat them alone, they're so good).  So I decided that a hot day needed a cool treat and this was it.  The sweet, overripe strawberries acted perfectly with the limeade to make a great pick me upper.
Now I'm a little bit late on this one, by about 3 days, so just ignore the date tags on the pictures. 



(With pomegranate juice)

Strawberry Lime Popsicles

Makes 3 cups of popsicle, 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
1 cup cubed strawberries
3 tbs lime or lemon juice (about 1 and a half of limes)
2 cups water
5 tbs sugar
3 tbs pomegranate juice (optional)


Make limeade with the lime juice, water, and sugar.  Mix in other ingredients.  Pour into popsicle mold or, as I did, pour it into old canning glass jars.  Place popsicle stick into the mix or use apple corers like I did.  Freeze for 4 hours or until frozen solid.  Enjoy!

You can add any other type of juice you may have lying around.  I ended up adding a small dash of POM Wonderful to the smaller of my two popsicles and that one tasted even better than the other.

Hint:  To remove the popsicles from their molds easily run the covered part under warm water until they slip out.
Hint: Don't sweat the measurements of the ingredients.  Taste the popsicle juice as you go so that you don't end up with one that's too sour of too sweet for your taste.  






Without pomegranate juice.


It was so good that my little brother and I finished them before I could take any photos!


Enjoying them along with some good old Mumford & Sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment