I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
One ingredient banana ice cream to be exact. That's right! One ingredient, and it's, you guessed it, bananas!
Well mine was four ingredients including the toppings but other than that, yeah, it's one. This is great for vegans (without the honey and waffle bowl of course) and those who are diary-free, I know I would've loved this when I was vegan a few years back.
Banana Ice Cream
2 tbs crushed peanuts (about 9 peanuts) (optional)
3 ts honey (optional)
1 waffle cone or bowl (optional)
1. Freeze the whole banana for three hours or until frozen. You may peel and chop it before you freeze the banana in order to make it freeze faster. It's best to use a ripened banana but I just couldn't wait any longer to try this out!
The Frozen Banana
2. Place the peanuts in a plastic baggies and crush them with anything. I used a mallet that's meant for spices.
3. Chop banana into slices and peel the skin off if you did not do this before before. My slices were pretty thick but you can make yours as big or small as you'd like.
4. Place in a food processor or blender until smooth. I prefer the processor since I didn't have to keep mixing the bananas so that the blades could reach the others. With the food processor it only took me about two minutes to completely mix it.
That's all banana, nothing else, I promise!
5. Take the ice cream out and serve immediately. You can put whatever toppings on it that you like. I chose to put it in a waffle bowl with honey and crushed peanuts, it made the flavor of the sweet bananas really pop out.
6. Enjoy the sweet, healthy snack!