Monday, May 21, 2012

Stress Breakouts and Clearing Up

I'm so stressed with the end of school and finals that I'm breaking out badly.  I get acne on the area around my mouth and there's also a few rouges on my chin and cheeks so it's pretty obvious when I do.  And you know what?  Knowing that everyone can see my acne is stressing me out even more which will probably end up giving me even more acne!

I was going to do a post on acne treatments that I've found to work but when I was racking my head for all of the things that I have tried I realized that the store bought washes and spot treatments barely do a thing to help me.  It's the cheapo-I'm-too-lazy-to-go-buy-something-so-I'll-DIY-it treatments that work the best.  So I'm going to share this with you guys so that you can think twice before dishing out another ten bucks on a bottle of chemicals that might not even work!

1) Baking Soda
      This has honestly been the biggest life saver ever.  It dries up zits fast and it doesn't cost much.  I just sprinkle a little bit into a small sauce bowl with warm water and stir.  The ratio is about one part water to three parts baking soda and should be at a paste consistency (think of your toothpaste).  This works great as a spot treatment or as a full on mask left on for ten to fifteen minutes and then gently washed off with warm water.

Baking Soda

2) Vinegar
      To be specific, I use apple cider vinegar as a toner every other day on my face, neck, chest, and back.  Just to cover all of my bases.  This is the brand that I'm using currently and it hasn't caused me any problems.

Vinegar

3) Garlic
     A little bit of the antibacterial onion has helped to clear up many of my pimples in the past.  Just take one clove, crush it with the flat side of a knife, and press it gently to the zit for a few minutes.  Be careful not to leave it on much longer than this since it can hurt your healthy skin.  I make sure that at least a bit of the juices get on there too but this is hard to do since garlic is so dry.  Some people even swear by eating a couple of cloves of garlic in order to have it clear up you acne but I'mm not sure if I could handle that.

Garlic


So what do you guys think about these?  Yay or nay?  What other at home remedies have you come to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment